- Join IHT
- Monthly Giving A great way to pledge your commitment to the work of Island Heritage Trust that is easier on your budget and adds up for IHT's. Sign up on our website by clicking the "Donate Now" button, choosing the monthly option and setting an amount to be taken from your credit/debit card each month.
- Endow an Acre This giving vehicle is an endowment program set up to, over time, create enough interest to fund stewardship activities.
- Bequests One of the simplest planned gifts is the bequest through your will or living trust in which you designate either a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate after other disbursements.
- Appreciated Stocks Ownership of appreciated stock may be transferred to Island Heritage Trust, and allows you to receive a charitable income tax deduction and to avoid a capital gains tax on appreciated value. Contact IHT for transfer information.
- Life Insurance or Retirement Assets Naming Island Heritage Trust as a primary or contin¬gent beneficiary of a policy or plan is a simple way to give a significant gift at low cost. Please see your tax and or insurance plan professional for the various ways to donate and potential benefits.
- Real Estate You may avoid sizeable capital gains tax acquired through the sale of a residence, vacation home, commercial property, or vacant lot by making a gift of this property and receive a charitable deduction for its full fair market value.
- 990 Tax Form
- Give While You Shop Shop through AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to Island Heritage Trust.
In 2013, IHT's fiscal year was changed to now run from Nov 1-Oct 31, making our fiscal year of 2013 a short year with only 10 months.
420 Sunset Road ~ Deer Isle, Maine
Mail: P.O. Box 42 / Deer Isle, ME 04627